Wednesday 14 April 2010

Supergrass Call It Quits

Photobucket

A very sad day in my life today as I heard that one of the hardest rocking bands of my beloved Brit Pop era have gone their separate ways. Supergrass existed amongst the working class poseurs and art school snobs with a freshness and humour that transcended the hollow body that the genre would eventually become. Their debut album 'I Should Coco' is up there with the greatest of British rock debuts, it's still as bombastically youthful today as it was over 10 years backwards.

It's a shame that subsequent albums failed to capture the wholehearted spirit of 'I Should Coco', although their recent efforts should combine to turbo-charge the tail-end of a pretty decent Greatest Hits.

Adios Supergrass, you charming bastards will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment