Saturday 24 April 2010

M.I.A ‘Born Free’

Photobucket

M.I.A has been pissin’ and moanin’ a lot lately, how everybody’s ripping her off. I can’t see the Lady Gaga angle myself, but yeah, Rhianna’s ‘Rude Boy’ video is in the same territory. I guess nobody’s allowed to use the 80’s as inspiration? You don’t hear C&C Music Factory crying their eyes out to NME.

Despite all her shit, M.I.A is pretty decent at what she does, mostly thanks to her man Diplo. The two need to step it up for album No 3 (scheduled to drop in June), if they’re gonna capitalise on ‘Paper Planes’ mad success. What’s that, “M.I.A is more than just that one gimmicky cut”? Maybe so, but the kinda numbers that’ll keep her comfy once she’s too old to wear neon and throw gang signs ain’t gonna come from the pockets of hipster alone. Joe Public wants’ it poppy, Joe wants to dance.

Joe won’t be dancing to this!

M.I.A. - Born FreebyTLC Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment