Tuesday 18 May 2010

Anthrax on Married with Children


Photobucket
Good Lord, I’m even starting to bore myself by continuously harking back to the halcyon days of movies and TV in the 80’s/90’s, bemoaning the murder of prosthetic make up and special FX by the evil CGI companies, and the lack of great comic character based sit-coms like Sledgehammer and Married With Children.
It was when I was taking the load off my mind by browsing through the hundreds of classic Al Bundy clips on youtube this week that I happened upon a classic episode of Married With Children that had completely escaped my memory. The episode ‘My Dinner with Anthrax’ saw stunted loser kid Bud Bundy win a radio competition to have classic thrash band Anthrax come over to his house to play at a party he’s organised during Al and Peggy’s anniversary vacation to Florida. A massive snow storm ensures that the only people who make it to the throwdown are Bud, Kelly and weirdly hot next door neighbour Marcy, who the guys from Anthrax think is a dude. Anthrax try to skip the date, but Bud holds them to the contract, so after getting high consuming some of Peggy’s “food” from the fridge, the band play ‘In My World’ and trash the house. We’re talking bottles over heads, guitars through drywall and Al’s beloved Highschool Football Trophies getting annihilated.
“You kids should be ashamed of yourselves, throwing a party while I was stuck down in a swamp having sex with your mother!” Al Bundy.

No comments:

Post a Comment